- Applicant must have Peruvian nationality and be age 21 or older to apply
- You must be age 21 or older on the first day of the GSP
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Able to participate for the entire GSP16 program (June 18 - August 28, 2016)
- All applicants must be registered in the Researcher and Innovator Database of CONCYTEC and be eligible to receive grants: Click here to Register
- Innovation targeted at having a positive impact in the lives of millions of people around the world: The idea/project proposes a new solution targeting the well-being of millions of people.
- Use of technology: the idea/project uses technology as a tool to solve an existing problem.
- Feasibility: the idea/project demonstrates technical and economic feasibility for its implementation.
- Massively scalable impact: the idea/project has the potential to positively impact the lives of the lives of millions of people in the next 5-10 years and has a model that can be scaled and replicated in many countries around the world.
- Quality of Applicant:Applicant’s leadership experience and quality, profile, achievements, and potential
- Complete 100% of the online application
- Attach Curriculum Vitae/Resume in English (PDF Format). Include in the PDF file, as cover page, the sworn statement required by CienciActiva. Click here to download format
- Summary of accomplishments
- An abstract of the project idea
- A 2-3 minute video URL (YouTube or Vimeo) introducing themselves: academic & work experience, personal accomplishments & passions and pitch of their project/idea
REQUIREMENTS OF WINNER
The recipient of the winning prize will pledge to pay-it-forward with three (3) compulsory activities:
- During the course of the GSP 2016, the winner pledges to write a weekly article and/or blog post about the learned lessons of the week, to be submitted for publication in printed and/or online media in Peru. Regarding the intellectual property license to use articles written by the Winner of GIC PERU 2016 during the Graduate Studies Program: for those purposes, the winner shall grant GIC PERU 2016 and the Inter-American Development Bank / Multilateral Investment Fund (IDB/MIF) a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free license to copy, disseminate, reproduce, publish and display such articles (including on blogs and other websites), as well as to create derivate works thereto. In addition, the Winner shall grant both GIC PERU 2016 and the IDB/MIF the authority to sub-license to third parties under the same terms without further authorization from the Winner.
- Upon completion of the GSP Program at Singularity University, the winner pledges to return back to Peru to share the knowledge acquired and experiences with at least 10 public and private universities and schools around the country, in conferences or workshops open to students, entrepreneurs, media and the general public.
- The winner pledges to write a final report to be submitted to CienciActiva before Dec 7th, 2016.